e-HAIL: E-Health & Artificial Intelligence
e-HAIL’s mission is to make the University of Michigan a premier hub for AI and health to improve health using technology.
Launched in 2021 as a joint effort with sponsorship from the College of Engineering and the Medical School, e-HAIL is a program that focuses on collaboration, grant development, and infrastructure to support a multi-disciplinary approach to innovations in e-health and artificial intelligence.
e-HAIL’s scope is broad, including the development of data repositories (e.g. federated datasets), novel AI and machine learning methods, technologies for clinical delivery, use of predictive algorithms in low resource settings, telemedicine, and more.
e-HAIL provides several opportunities for researchers to connect and learn from others operating at the intersection of AI and health:
- Community building through twice-monthly meetings
- Research-in-progress meetings to present and receive critical feedback from colleagues, facilitating the development of competitive proposals
- Documentation and information meetings about new grant opportunities (NIH, NSF, Foundations)
- Grant writing and coordination support
- Support for summer students to assist with preliminary data collection
Stay tuned for more as the program grows!
e-HAIL Symposium 2022
CLICK HERE to read more about the inaugural e-HAIL symposium and listen to the keynote presentations.
Interested in joining e-HAIL? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.